Monday

Crossroads by Laura Anne Gilman

I love when I find a great story by accident.  While mindlessly tramping around some sites today I found a short story by Laura Anne Gilman.  Gilman is an established author, with titles such as Flesh and Fire: Book One of The Vineart War and Weight of Stone: Book Two of the Vineart War. The story I found, Crossroads, seamlessly intertwines the western and fantasy genres, reminiscent or Stephen King's Dark Tower series.  I actually downloaded the podcast version so I could listen to it on my trip to Florida this December. It's a quick read at 2448 words, it's free, and it's a great story. What more do you want!  Now you have something constructive to do for your next writing break.






Updated October 4th
For those of you not familiar with Gilman here is a nice interview with her that I just found.

1 comment:

Gary Gauthier said...

SMW, Thanks for the recommendation. I haven't read anything by Gilman but the name rings familiar. I'm going to check it out. Good luck with NaNo. This is my first go around.

Post a Comment

.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
make custom gifts at Zazzle